Guitar Center is the largest musical instrument retailer in the United States that is trusted by many musicians for their gear. They focus on the satisfaction of their customers and offer many programs that keep them competitive with their competition.
With 294 stores in the nation and a powerful online presence, it’s best to know what they offer to get the best deal when you make a purchase.
In this article, we are going to explore the Guitar Center price match policy and find out how it can benefit you, the customer.
Does Guitar Center Price Match?
The answer is yes, Guitar Center will price match items that are being sold for less at other authorized US retailers. This is a great way to get the best deal on gear. To take advantage of this policy, all you need to do is find the lower price and bring it to the attention of a Guitar Center store manager.
They will then look up the item and if it is being sold for less at another store, they will match the price. This policy is valid for both in-store and online purchases.
This is just another reason why Guitar Center is a great merchant to buy things from, like instruments and other gear.
Guitar Center Price Match Criteria
There are a few things to keep in mind to qualify for the price match policy.
- Guitar Center only price matches authorized dealers in the USA. This means that they won’t match the price of an item being sold by an unauthorized dealer, such as a private seller on eBay.
- Guitar Center will only match the price of an identical item. This means that if you find a cheaper version of the same item, they won’t match the price. For example, if you find a cheaper version of a guitar that doesn’t have the same features, they won’t match the price.
- Guitar Center has the right to refuse to price match an item if they believe that it is being sold at an unfair price. This could be due to the seller not following fair pricing practices, or because the item is being sold below cost.
Overall, the Guitar Center price match policy is a great way to get the best deal on musical gear. If you find an item that you want to purchase, be sure to check and see if it’s being sold for less at another store before making your purchase. This way, you can take advantage of their policy and get the best deal possible.
Price Match Process
If you are looking to purchase an item or have already done so, Guitar Center will match a lower price if you find one at another retailer. You will have 45 days after you purchase an item to proceed with the price match. To proceed, follow the steps below.
- Collect the competitor’s offer as proof. This can be from a newspaper ad, magazine, authorized U.S. dealers catalog, and online media. You will need this to present to Guitar Center for the price match.
- Bring the proof of the lower price and your original receipt to Guitar Center and present it to them to qualify for their guarantee. If you haven’t purchased the item yet, then just bring in the proof of a competitor’s lower price.
- If the items are the same, and you meet their criteria, they will offer you a refund to match the price if you have already purchased the product. However, if you have not yet made the purchase, they will lower the price to match the competitor’s offer right on the spot.
If you have made a purchase from their website or are planning to, you can connect with Guitar Center via their live chat support option, or by calling them at 1-866-498-7882. They will then make arrangements for you to take advantage of their price match guarantee.
To use their live chat option, simply visit their website and click on the help icon on the lower right side of your window. This option is available:
- Monday – Friday: 5 AM-9 PM
- Saturday – Sunday 6 AM-7 PM (pacific)
Guitar Center Price Match Exclusions
There are a few items that Guitar Center will not price match. These include the following:
- Merchandise with missing product codes or identifiers
- Exclusive models
- Open-box items
- Closeout items
- Anything acquired for free
- Promotional materials or items
- Used Items
- Limited Quantity Items
- Factory seconds
It is also important to note that Guitar Center will not price match an item if the authorized dealer is having a temporary sale.
Guitar Center offers a great price match policy that can save you money if you find an item being sold for less at another store. Be sure to keep in mind the few exclusions to their policy, and gather all the necessary information before going into their store or contacting them online. By doing this, you’ll be sure to take advantage of their policy and get the best deal on your purchase.
It’s also a good idea to watch competitor websites for 45 days after the purchase to make sure you’re not leaving money on the table.
Does Guitar Center match Musician’s Friend?
Guitar Center will price match any authorized U.S. dealer’s catalog, which includes Musician’s Friend.
Does Guitar Center price match used items?
No, Guitar Center does not price match used items. This is because the used condition of one item to another could vary greatly. You could go in and make them an offer on used gear, however, they might accept it if it’s reasonable.