Are you searching for reliable, free guitar lessons online? Maybe you’re interested in learning the guitar, but don’t know where to start. Or, don’t have a lot of money to spend. We have good news! You have a lot of options at your fingertips.
It’s true that not all free guitar lessons are created equal! But there are a number of reliable sources that will give your musical endeavors a good, solid start.
As a beginner, it’s especially important to learn proper techniques. Doing so initially will help to avoid developing bad habits. In this article, we’ll introduce you to the best places to learn guitar online for free. This way, you can get to playing immediately.
Learn Guitar Online For Free
Online guitar training offers a wide variety of options. From structured tutorials and courses to more open-ended resources. Things like chord charts and video tutorials. No matter your learning style or skill level, there is something out there for you.
One of the major benefits of learning guitar online is the convenience and flexibility it offers. You can study at your own pace and schedule. And also in the comfort of home. Additionally, there are many resources available for free! This makes it a more than affordable option for those on a tight budget.
Further reading: Is guitar easy to learn?
Best Free Guitar Lessons
Want to learn how to play the electric or acoustic guitar for free? You will find a lot of resources to aid you in your musical pursuits. Here is a guide to help you find above-average lessons.
Are you looking to learn but don’t have a lot of money to spend? Then free online guitar lesson websites can be a great resource. Research is essential when hunting for online guitar lessons that you can get without charge. Also see what others have to say about them. Just to ensure that you are getting high-quality instruction.
You want something that is suitable for your level and goals. These five websites are all reputable sources and have been used by millions of players combined. They are a great place to start your musical journey.
The Justin Guitar website has a huge selection of totally free lessons. Beginner and song instructions, plus playing skills for many types of music, are all included here.
Their extensive library is available for a 14-day free trial. It includes over 11,000 lessons for both acoustic and electric guitar.
Guitar World published a section dedicated to lessons at no cost. Many different styles and strategies are covered in these tutorials.
Ultimate Guitar has a large collection of tutorials. There are both complimentary and paid subscription options. Access to even more sessions and resources is available for a fee
The Fender Play website offers a free trial of their lessons. It includes a variety of acoustic and electric guitar styles and techniques.
There are many options available if you search YouTube for free lessons. It’s a good idea to read about and explore a few different channels. You want to find the one that works best for you. These five channels are all popular options that offer a wide range of instruction for players of all levels.
Marty Music is a gifted guitarist and teacher! He has shared his experience on his YouTube channel for more than ten years. His classes are appropriate for players of all skill levels. They also include a wide range of genres and techniques.
This channel is run by instructor Marty Friedman. He offers a range of sessions for blues, rock, and even acoustic guitar.
Guitar Lessons 365
As the name suggests, guitar lessons 365 offers a new guitar lesson every day! And it covers a wide range of styles and techniques.
Justin Sandercoe (Guitar)
Numerous players have learned to play the guitar thanks to Justin Sandercoe’s tutorials. He is one of the first lesson channels on YouTube for this instrument. His instruction is suitable for players of all levels and cover a range of styles.
This channel is run by instructor Ryan Collins. He focuses on acoustic guitar, with lessons covering a range of styles and techniques.
Looking for guitar apps specifically? Maybe that is a better fit for you? Well, there are several options available for both iOS and Android devices. Here are five popular apps that offer a range of free lessons for all players:
- Yousician: A free trial of this app’s in-depth guitar lessons is available. It covers a wide range of styles and techniques. You may study with the aid of interactive exercises and games on the app. It also offers playing-related feedback.
- GuitarTricks: This app provides a fourteen-day free trial of their library. It’s based on a well-known website of the same name. Both acoustic and electric guitar tutorials total more than 11,000 in the app.
- Ultimate Guitar: In addition to a vast library of totally free guitar lessons, this app also offers a premium subscription option. It grants access to even more courses and materials. You may monitor your progress while learning a variety of styles and skills with the app.
- GuitarBots: For players of all skill levels! This app offers a variety of interactive lessons. Gamification is used in classes to aid learning and keep track of your progress. Not to mention a bit of fun! The app also offers playing-related feedback.
- Fender Play: We all know who Fender is! They not only make great guitars, but awesome courses as well. This is a great app to get started on and offers a short free trial.
When looking for free guitar lesson apps, it’s a good idea to see what others are saying. Maybe even try out some of the apps and locate the one that works best for you. These five apps are all popular options. They provide a variety of instructions for players of diverse skill levels.
4. Local Workshops and Music Stores
Don’t forget to browse music stores for workshops when hunting for free lessons. There are probably some in your area that you can benefit from. Many of them offer complimentary workshops as a way to attract new customers or promote their services.
To find opportunities, check the websites and social media of local guitar stores. Ask about free lessons or workshops when you visit. Stores like Guitar Center or Sam Ash are great for putting on artist clinics.
By taking advantage of these resources, you can find lessons that are convenient. Some might even be tailored to your specific needs and experience.
Don’t be afraid to ask around and explore your options. You just never know what opportunities might be available in your community.
Are there benefits to learning guitar? Click here!
5. E-Books and PDF Downloads
Downloading e-books or PDFs is another way to obtain free guitar lessons. These online learning tools are frequently available for free or at a minimal cost. They are a terrific way to learn at your own speed.
Here are a few ways to find these resources:
- You can search online
- Check out online libraries
- Explore open-source options
- Consider purchasing an e-book or PDF
By taking advantage of these digital resources, you can find free lessons for this wonderful instrument. Most are convenient and will cater to your specific needs and requirements. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, there is likely an e-book or PDF that can help you. But you may have to hunt a little, so be prepared.
6. Other Free Guitar Learning Resources
There are numerous other free internet resources for learning the guitar. Even in addition to the ones already mentioned above. Here are some options to think about:
- Free tab and chord charts – Many websites offer tabs and chords for popular songs. This is a great way to learn new material and practice your skills. Sites like Ultimate Guitar and Songsterr are popular and offer free material.
- Online forums – There are tons of online forums dedicated to guitar playing and music in general. These are great places to locate free resources and connect with other players. You can ask questions and learn from more experienced players.
- Social media groups – Many social media platforms have groups and communities dedicated to guitar playing. These are fantastic places to find free materials and meet other musicians.
Take advantage of these and other resources at no cost. You will supplement your learning and find new and interesting ways to improve your skills. Don’t be afraid to explore and try out new resources. You never know what you might discover!
Which Free Lessons Are Best?
When it comes to finding the best free guitar lessons, you need to consider your needs and goals. Everyone learns differently and may prefer different approaches. Here are a few things to consider when deciding which informational sessions are best for you.
For many different skill levels, there are a variety of lessons. It’s crucial to pick courses that are appropriate for your playing ability right now. While more seasoned players might desire to look into more advanced options. Beginners should opt for instruction that is tailored for new players.
Everyone learns in different ways. It’s important to choose sessions that are tailored to your style. Are you a visual learner? Then you will want lessons that include video demonstrations or diagrams. Perhaps you prefer being more hands-on? Then you will benefit from instructions that include interactive exercises or games.
What do you hope to accomplish through playing the guitar? It’s crucial to pick lessons that are targeted toward your specific goals. Whether you want to learn particular songs, develop a certain playing style, or simply improve your general skills. Figure out your goals and then select free lessons that fit them best!